New Year’s Resolutions for 2013:
- Last year’s resolutions have been integrated into my lifestyle and I will continue to honor their importance to myself and the environment.
- I will continue with my walk-run interval exercise regimen…weather and time constraints permitting.
- I will embrace the Mindful Writing Challenge* concept and keep my river of stones flowing with creativity and the beauty of the world as the main focus.
- I will reaffirm my personal practice of secular ethics by reviewing the book Beyond Religion by the Dalai Lama.
- I will meditate daily using the concepts gleaned from the book “The World We Have” by Thich Nhat Hanh, An Approach to Peace and Ecology
- I will remind myself every moment of every day how important it is to embrace positive, loving and compassionate thoughts.
- I will take the time daily to think of at least one positive characteristic of each person that I have erstwhile deemed difficult for one reason or another.
*For 2013 the River of Stones challenge has been changed to a Mindful Writing Challenge to open our eyes to the beauty of the world that surrounds us. The full information on this challenge can be read at “writing our way home.com”. You can also click on the badge in the footer of my blog to get there.
The gist of the challenge is:
- Notice something of beauty with mindful observation every day during January.
- Write it down.
- To write a small stone we simply pause, open our senses & record what we see, hear, taste, smell or touch.
As I have done in the past, because I love the concept of small stones, I will extend my personal challenge to the entire year here on my own blog.
The observations are still small stones in a flowing river of mindfulness. For my purposes and enjoyment (and hopefully yours as well) I will once again archive them on my River of Stones page.
I am looking forward to staying true to the beauty specification of this challenge rather than the generality of last year’s small stones.
Today’s “stone” is Day 1 eerie blue dawn, silence roars, birds sing, day breaks, amber glow