“Create each day anew by clothing yourself with heaven and earth, bathing yourself with wisdom and love, and placing yourself in the heart of Mother Nature.”
How are you doing today? I am doing well on my commitments to the Project 365 that I began on January 1, 2012. Here is an update:
I have made environmentally friendly choices; so far I have:
- Converted completely to cloth shopping bags.
- Reduced electricity usage.
- Gotten my worm farm composting our kitchen scraps.
- Done less driving by making “to-do” list for trips to town.
- Made plans to improve my gardening the old fashioned organic way.
I have expressed my concerns for the environment by:
- Writing letters to the government regarding the environmental issues.
- Signing petitions and letters through environmental websites.
- Blogging green information as I discover it.
I have embraced my inner values by:
- Reading Dalai Lama book “Beyond Religion”
- Reading The World We Have Book by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Sharing positive thoughts and motivation as I blog.
- Sharing loving concept through family life as well as blogging.
I continue to abide peacefully in the moment through:
- Walking meditation.
- Celebrating life with photography and art.
- Graphite drawing.
I have shared more with others more by:
- Touching bases with fellow bloggers.
I have chosen to gift randomly by:
- Mindfully giving kind thoughts and well wishes to those who need a lift.
- Gifting away graphite drawings.
- Giving bows for groom dogs and free nail trims.
So far so good, I can see areas where I am following through with consistency and areas where I would like to improve. By focussing on the positive I feel I can give myself a bit of a pat on the back. I did set a number of goals for each category here so I fell short on the “share with others more” part. I have the rest of the year to follow through on that one better.
Today’s “stone” is Day 67 mindful of others, of self, of life, of project 365